0-9 A B C D E F G H I J K L M N O P Q R S T U V W X Y Z

Show your videos on YouTube

philipf
I don't want to post my video, it's crappy quality.
philipf
Marko1960
Give it a go anyway, no ones expecting a Spielberg production
Quote:
Yeah, go for it!!!
I got an Epiphone Jack Casady semi-hollow body for my birthday and decided to show it off. I put on a set of D'addario heavy gauge (55-110) half-round strings - really like them; they feel like flats, but still have the punch you get from rounds. Playing through my Fender Rumble 100 amp.

the song is Beast of Burden (1978 “Some Girls” album) by The Rolling Stones. The version I'm using is a karaoke version that I found on YouTube and I shot this with my phone - it's a tad grainy, so next time I'll throw some more light around.

Cheers!

One minute and one second: Teenage Bottlerocket's I'm the one smoking….
Marko1960
I put on a set of D'addario heavy gauge (55-110) half-round strings -

Hows the action? Heavier strings require more tension to get them to the same pitch as lighter strings so your truss rod may require a tweak.
Nice prezzie though
[QUOTEHeavier strings require more tension to get them to the same pitch as lighter strings so your truss rod may require a tweak.

The idea of adjusting a truss rod really freaked me out - actually, the idea of a loud, expensive BANG freaked me out - but you're right, the action did get higher and I had lowered the bridge but it was still high. So after reading your post I took a deep breath and watched a bunch of vids and, lo and behold, the adjustment worked and the truss rod didn't go BANG, so big thanks for that!
Marko1960
Glad to help

Reply to this thread