0-9 A B C D E F G H I J K L M N O P Q R S T U V W X Y Z

Show your videos on YouTube

Quote:
Quote: Are you downpicking intentionally? Yeah, it sounded better than when I tried it the…well, the right way, I suppose. I'll give it whirl, thanks!
Downpicking is the standard in punk rock, so why not?
the Picking continues - Blitzkrieg Bop, The Ramones, 1977

I intentionally come in late because I don't have a good cue for the beginning.

Marko1960
Coming on a treat. The intonation on your Jazz bass is a mile out by the way, you will get further quicker if it is set up properly. You can do the intonation yourself, let me know and I'll talk you through it
Quote:
Coming on a treat. The intonation on your Jazz bass is a mile out by the way, you will get further quicker if it is set up properly. You can do the intonation yourself, let me know and I'll talk you through it

yeahhhh, I spent quite a while screwing around with the intonation yesterday and it's not going very well, especially on the E. Happy for some tips.

ADDENDUM: So, apparently you invoking the words “your intonation is a mile out” has created a miracle. I went home, sat down with it again, and damn if everything didn't fall right into line and tune nicely between the open string and the 12th. Congratulations, you are henceforth to be known as “St Marko”. I will, or course, still happily accept any tips you have.

new saddle settings that fell into place. it just would not come together yesterday, for whatever reason she decided to cooperate.
Quote:
...I went home, sat down with it again, and damn if everything didn't fall right into line and tune nicely between the open string and the 12th.
You really should check some more fret positions like 5 and 7. Intonation is a compromise that best fits with standard gauge strings and a near factory setup.
I always start comparing the second harmonic (touching the string above the 12th fret) with the string fretted at 12. Intonating isn't difficult, especially not if the other settings are within the window.

By the way, I did lots of Ramones covers. Many of those have now been blocked in 200+ countries.
2 x So What. Fun to compare. Both are in the same key, but the P-Bass was still tuned to standard D, hence the different fret positions.

Five Finger Death Punch? I never heard of them till yesterday. The House of the Rising Sun.
IamMark
Jay is a rockstar!

Plaid sleeves and an Outback hat.

Sweet.

How have you not heard of FFDP until yesterday?

Reply to this thread